Friday, September 10, 2010

Yes, I gave in.

So, despite my protestations that there was no way in hell I was going to start a blog about my study abroad trip (something about "everyone does it" and "I am way too lazy for that"), I gave up and made one. Can't guarantee you'll find this interesting, but at least I'll entertain myself!

Background,
I am a junior at Tulane University, located in New Orleans, LA. I am majoring in English and Gender and Seuxality Studies, although I will be focusing on the English half this year.

I will be spending the entirety of my junior year at University College London (UCL). I leave on September 19th and, aside from a brief return for winter break, will remain there until June. I cannot believe I have allowed myself to be deprived of bread pudding, jambalaya, jazz street musicians, and NOLA in general for an entire year, but alas, I have briefly gone insane and decided that this would be a good idea. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely excited for British accents and fish and chips! I have just realized that it would be a great help if there could be two of me, or if I could learn to time travel.

I will be updating this blog as frequently as I can (aka, as often as I remember that it exists), but in case you can't wait that long to hear from me, I can be reached by e-mail, by text, or by skype.

Love you all!
Emily, aka Princess of All the World

3 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Thank you for creating this Blog - I will miss you so much! But this will help me enjoy London with you from afar!
I love you
Mom!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! Be safe and know how much I love you!
Mom

Aaron said...

Yay! Blogging :)