Thursday, September 30, 2010

We're Gonna Dance All Night Because We Say So

So, after being sick for pretty much the entirety of Monday and Tuesday, I was getting really antsy to go out and do something yesterday, but it seemed like most people were going to the Freshers events which, due to a combination of my inability to do anything, such as purchase tickets, this week and the ridiculous cost of the events, I was not going to. Plus, the people that I normally hang out with weren't around last night for some reason. So, I ended up having dinner with a different group of girls last night, which actually turned out to be the best idea ever!

One of the girls, Mishaal, had a ticket for this concert at Koko, and was going with another girl from the building and one of her guy friends from another dorm. And guess who the band was? 3oh!3 !!!! And the concert wasn't sold out! Seriously?! (In case you don't know who they are, their two most famous songs are Don't Trust Me and My First Kiss). So I went back to my room, ordered a ticket and about an hour later, Mishaal, her friend Emily, and I were heading out to Koko to meet up with their friend Matt for the concert.

On the way there it started downpouring, so that we looked like drowned rats by the time we got to the line, which was two blocks long. Instead of waiting there for hours, we decided to go into the pub next door and have a few drinks and watch a bit of the game while we were waiting. We got ourselves cleaned up so that we looked presentable again, and after awhile got back in line.

Eventually, we made it into Koko, got our tickets, and attempted to find a spot. Fortunately, I had brought heels, so I could see over people's heads (the heels lasted just long enough to be able to see 3Oh!3, and then I wanted to dance, so they came off and I was in my roll-up, sparkly flats for the rest of the night). It was an amazing concert! I didn't know a whole lot of their songs, but I am definitely buying some now. There was so much energy and everyone was dancing all night long!

If you ever get the chance to see them in concert, I highly recommend it! I almost think they sound better live, and they are amazing performers. Now I'm exhausted, but that is alright with me, because last night was 100% worth it.

Random lyrics for you from I Can Do Anything

I can do anything, anything, anything I want,
anything, anything, anything I want,
anything, anything, anything I want,
It’s golden now
Why would I slow down?

Love,
Emily

1 comment:

Aaron said...

This sounds like so much fun!