Saturday, October 2, 2010

Date #2

Last night, I went on date #2 with Zab. The plan was to meet at Liverpool Street Station and make our way over to Brick Lane for Indian food. It didn't quite end up working out that way, but it was definitely an awesome night.

So, first of all, I don't know if anyone's ever been to Liverpool Street Station, but it's not a tiny little tube stop like the rest of them. No, Liverpool Street Station is an enormous train station. There are people everywhere, 2 or 3 different courtyards, and at least 5 exits. So, I got there and realized that there was no way that Zab and I would just be able to find each other in there. So, I went across the street to stand under the obnoxious, glowing underground sign. Unfortunately, Zab didn't understand that I had gone upstairs, and so couldn't find the sign. Eventually we decided just to meet in the middle of the main courtyard on the lower level. I couldn't see him, so I called his phone and asked where he was. He told me to turn around, and he was standing right there. Yay! And so the saga of how to find each other in the giant station ended.

Oh, and side note, I really don't care for his glasses, and I've been talking to people, trying to figure out how many dates I'd need before I could tell him he would look way more attractive with different glasses. Well, apparently, he had figured out that I liked him so much more without them, because he showed up without the glasses. Again, yay!

Zab knew somewhere that he wanted to go for dinner, so we headed out in that direction, or so we thought. We ended up completely lost, but it was alright, because it gave us some time to talk, and it was actually really funny. Eventually, we found a restaurant (not Indian, but really delicious), and ate. Then we decided to go to a bar.

The first bar we ended up in turned out to be a karaoke bar, so we hung out and watched people for awhile. It was hysterical! I have decided that I love karaoke bars, even though I will never actually sing in front of people. Then we went to another bar, and stayed there until it closed and they kicked everyone out. At that point, it was 2:30 or so, and I was getting exhausted as I'd been up since 8:30 that morning, so we made our way back to Ramsay.

All in all, it was a great night, and eventually we'll be having movie night and a cheesy touristy outing, probably to Westminster Abbey or the Tower of London. I promise that eventually there will be photos of him on facebook, so keep your eyes out!

2 comments:

lizf127 said...

I'm excited! I want to see what his glasses look like...

Aaron said...

I told you the glasses would eventually disappear!