Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back in London, Day 2

Yes, I realize that it's been several weeks since I've update. But I'm back now :)

So, as you all know, I did eventually make it back to Chicago. Total days stranded in London: 5. I am still very upset about the whole situation and am trying not to think about it too much. Another random fact about my traveling, over the past two weeks (since my break was cut short by a week), I was on 4 different flights, for a total of somewhere around 25 or 26 hours traveling. That includes time spent at the airport, in case anyone is confused by my math :)

I had a fantastic break and did manage to make it to New Orleans for New Years, which was fabulous. As of Sunday, I am back in London, and yesterday I had my first class of the term. Now, I have no more classes until Thursday, but I'm not complaining. I had time to go to the gym yesterday for a BoxAerobic class and today for a Core Stability and Abs class. Tomorrow its off to Boxing 4 Fitness. Also, I'm hoping that tomorrow they might actually put up the seminar lists in the English department so that I know what books I'm supposed to buy. As of now, the only thing I know I need to read is the Canterbury Tales, but as I've already read that (granted, in modern English), that really wasn't one of the classes I was concerned about. Oh well. This is just the way things work around here.

There are all new affiliates on my floor and they seem really cool so, although I miss my friends from last term, I'm really excited about the new ones for this term, so that's pretty cool. We're all going out together tomorrow night and this weekend, so there will be updates later. I have also planned my trip to Prague to go visit Lizzy!! Yay!

That's about all I can think of for now. Off to read A Confederacy of Dunces, since I just finished The Year of the Flood yesterday and have absolutely nothing else to do lol.

Love,
Emily

No comments: