Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Future Trip

"I have grown to love secrecy. It seems to be the one thing that can make modern life mysterious or marvellous to us. The commonest thing is delightful if one only hides it. When I leave town now I never tell my people where I am going. If I did, I woudl lose all my pleasure. It is a silly habit, I dare say, but somehow it seems to bring a great deal of romance into one's life." --Basil Hallward (The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde)

Oscar Wilde is always good for a little inspiration :) Someday, I want to follow Basil's advice, and take a trip without telling anyone where I'm going (of course, I'll tell someone where I am, just for safety reasons, but other than that, it'll be a secret). That would be such an interesting sensation to be somewhere, and yet no one else knows where you are.

I have a few places on my list (all US locations), but revealing those would ruin the whole fun, wouldn't it? And so I'll return to studying. It's Virginia Woolf today, and I've become slightly obsessed with her since getting here, so a whole day devoted to her is pretty exciting :) But before I go, I'll just leave you with a travel-themed poster that I've fallen in love with recently. Have a great week!

No comments: