Sunday, May 22, 2011

I survived the rapture!

And if you're reading this, my guess is you did too!

In 5 days I will be leaving London and returning to the United States. I am so excited to get home. A year is a very long time. In the meantime, though, I have 5 days to finish studying, take my London in Literature exam, and pack everything up into 2 suitcases and a carry-on, and make sure that neither suitcase weighs more than 50 pounds. I'll also be donating everything that doesn't fit into the suitcases or that I don't want to keep.

It's been a very long year and I'm so excited to get back to the United States (and especially to my beloved New Orleans!). I am now able to read Chaucer in the original middle English and analyze it, although I'm not sure why you'd ever want to do that. I also know my way around a pretty good portion of London and apparently look British enough for people to stop me and ask for directions All.The.Time. Seriously, when Jerome visited, he said it was like I had "tour guide" written on my forehead. I got to travel and see Copenhagen, Prague, Paris (twice!), Edinburgh, and Berlin. Oh, and I can communicate with Parisians in French!

Not much left to do here. I'll be eating last meals at a couple of my favorite places and on Thursday, I'm picking up some macarons from La Duree for my flight back to Chicago. Yes, I'm going to eat macarons on my flight. It's an 8 hour flight, I deserve some awesome sugary-ness :).

If anything particularly interesting happens, I'll update, but as of now, you can consider this my last post on the blog. 5 days until Chicago and 24 days until I head to NOLA! 

Love,
Princess Emily <3

1 comment:

LeeLee said...

Sounds like fun! I love that you will be having macarons on the flight, it makes everything so much better. :) Have a fun and safe journey.