Thursday, May 12, 2011

Halfway There

I am officially halfway done with my exams. Exactly two weeks until my last exam, 15 days until I leave for Chicago, and 34 days until I'm back in New Orleans (and staying there for the foreseeable future!). Today was the 6-hour Chaucer exam. Yes, you heard that right. 6. Hours. Long. On the plus side, though, if you had told me a year ago that I would be able to analyze Chaucer in the original middle English, I never would have believed you. Granted, I still couldn't tell you WHY I would ever want to be able to do that, but that's not really the point now, is it?

So, here is just a sample of what I spent the last 6 hours doing. I kept the camera pretty far away since I wasn't sure if I'm allowed to put the exam online yet.

Just two exams left. I have Modern English Language in the morning, which means that as soon as I am done taking a break/eating dinner, I need to get back to studying. Hopefully, my brain will have resumed functioning by that point. And then, I have two weeks until my last exam, London in Literature. For now, though, I am going to wander around online and not think for a little bit :)

In other news, I finally managed to go on a Jack the Ripper tour last weekend! I've been attempting to go on one all year, and things kept getting in the way, but I finally made it happen. And it was pretty awesome. It was so cool to be in the same places where all of it happened. Yes, I know that's a little morbid, but I can't help being fascinated by it.

Alright, my brief period of functioning has just ended. I cannot think of anything else to write, so I'm just going to stop here. Have a great afternoon/night/whatever time of day it is where you are when you're reading this. I'm going to go read about pretty dresses and makeup and anything that doesn't require brainpower.

Emily

No comments: