Thursday, October 21, 2010

M.A.C. Venomous Villains + My Shopping Trip at Harrods

Oh, one thing I totally forgot to mention in my last post, I went shopping at Harrods on Tuesday! And I actually bought something :) I am also now the proud owner of a Harrods rewards card (I know you're proud, Mom lol).

So, M.A.C. cosmetics recently released this new collection called Venomous Villains, which is based on four Disney villains: Cruella de Vil, the Evil Queen (from Snow White), Maleficent, and Dr. Facilier (from Princess and the Frog). The products looked amazing on the blogs that I was reading and I can now attest to the fact that the quality is incredible and the colors are to die for. Unfortunately, the entire collection is limited edition and it's been selling out like crazy. Thank God for a mother who will run out to Woodfield mall straight after work to make sure that you get the magical cooling powder, the most important product that was on my must-have list. Love you Mom!

Anyway, there were a few other products I wanted to look at, so on Tuesday, I ran out to Harrods. In the four years since I was last in London, I had forgotten just how enormous Harrods is. It's also the most stunningly beautiful mall I've ever been in. No detail has been overlooked. I wish I had taken a picture of the Egyptian staircase, but I'm sure I'll be back there eventually, so I'll just have to remember my camera then. After looping around the entire cosmetics section and not finding M.A.C., I started to freak out that maybe I had misread the website and they weren't actually there. So, I finally asked an employee and she pointed me towards the lifestyle section, which by the way is the strangest department I've ever heard of. It was a combination of skincare, sunglasses, makeup, and handbags, despite the fact that each of those items has its own separate section. Whatever. The point is, I finally got a chance to look at the Venomous Villains collection in person. And here is what I got!



Honestly, it's a total coincidence that all three pieces are from the Evil Queen's collection. Her items just seemed to work best on my skin tone. So, to explain what you're actually looking at, I got the eyeshadow in Vainglorious, which is this beautiful reddish-purplish-brownish color. I'm not really sure how to explain it, sorry. It's very shimmery and looks amazing on, without overpowering me. Then I got the blush in Bite of an Apple. I really wanted a new blush and this one is so bright and cheerful! And then I got the lipgloss (or lipglass as M.A.C. calls them) in Hot House. It looks really intense in the bottle, but once you've had it on for a minute, it lightens up and just makes your makeup pop. I love it! Oh, and total side note, those are my fabulous sheets that the makeup's sitting on. Aren't they gorgeous?

Well, that was my shopping trip in Harrods! Hopefully, I'll be back there soon so that I can take pictures of the mall itself.

Have a great day everyone!
Emily

No comments: