Saturday, October 30, 2010

Why I Love the Gym

Hey everyone!

So, not a whole lot has happened since my last post, and don't worry, there will definitely be another post on Monday or so, after Halloween is over, and there will be a photo of me as a fairy :) I was going to be a fairy princess, but unfortunately, it turns out that tiaras are quite expensive here, and so I had to downgrade myself to fairy lol. Zab is going to be a vampire, mostly because I'm requiring him to be something, so while I was doing my costume shopping, I bought him some fangs and fake blood. We'll be going to an awesome club called Koko with Molly, Jenny (from Tulane, some of you may know her), and some of Jenny's friends from her dorm. It's going to be an amazing night! I am so excited!

However, the update that I have at the moment is that I have joined the gym here. I was really hesitant to join since you pay separately from tuition, which I find really strange. However, I think it's definitely going to be worth it.

As I've joined the fencing club, I am at the gym every Wednesday from 2-3:30. We had our first fencing practice this past Wednesday, and it was so much fun! I'm so glad I decided to join! The other people in the club seem great and the coach and the other teachers definitely make sure that everyone has a good time and play lots of games to help us learn the skills we need. We also got to try on the fencing gear, which is the craziest outfit ever. The best part is that girls have to wear a chest protector, which is essentially a large, plastic bra. It's the funniest thing (although I will say, it's pretty uncomfortable)!

The gym here also has a lot of free classes that I'll be looking into. I decided to try out yoga and it is a lot more intense than the yoga that I'm used to doing at home, but I think I'm going to try to keep it up. If I get any free time between all the papers that I'm suddenly writing, I may try to take another class, but I'm not sure at the moment how well that's going to work out.

So, to conclude this blog post on exercise (yes, I realize that's a strange topic for my blog), I love fencing, yoga, and the Bloomsbury fitness center.

Be excited for my Halloween post!

Love from the Princess

1 comment:

Aaron said...

You sound so much more active than I have been!